Sweet Surprise by Shirlee McCoy

Sweet Surprises - Shirlee McCoy

In Benevolence, Washington, the Lamont family's delectable handmade chocolates are a precious tradition--and always a reason to return home. And for the most rebellious of the three Lamont sisters, they provide a chance to create a tempting new future, complete with delicious happiness…

Neighbors always ready to help, a laid-back pace--former model Brenna Lamont needs everything that once made her leave her hometown. To help her pregnant sister Addie, Brenna is back to run the family store, Chocolate Haven, and figure out how to start over. But she just can't make the one-of-a-kind Lamont fudge…or make herself really fit in. And with handsome restaurateur River Maynard causing her troubles to boil over big time, can Brenna risk going after what she really wants?

River already has his hands full helping his ailing foster mother save her ranch for troubled children. He's got no time for anything but reality and hard choices. But somehow, a daily dose of Lamont chocolates is helping his mom feel better. And Brenna's kindness and warmth is making him hungry for an unexpected new dream only she and Benevolence's magical sweetness can make come true . . .

*I've got this book from NetGalley in exchange of a honest review*

I didn't expect to like it as much as I did. I like stories about little towns and this one was no exception. All of the characters were interesting and unique.
I have to mention that it is the second book in the series and I haven't read the first one, but I didn't have any problems understanding what was going on.
Off course this book isn't life changing piece of literature, but enjoyable non the less.
The main reason why I didn't gave it 5 stars is that the ending was a little bit too rushed, and there were some parts that needed more explaining.

Do I recommend it ? Yes.