The Haunted Stepsister by Medeia Sharif

The Haunted Stepsister - Kelly Hashway, Medeia Sharif, Fiona Jayde

Sixth grade isn’t easy for Jesenya Moradi, especially since her father's recent remarriage and tension with her new stepsister, Kammy. After an incident at school that nearly destroyed Kammy's life, Jess has been desperate to get on Kammy’s good side. But a fateful trip to an allegedly haunted bathroom changes both girls’ lives forever.
The rumors about the bathroom are true, and now Jess is convinced a demon's possessing Kammy. Eerie things happen whenever she's around – flying objects, flickering lights, not to mention the fact that something, or someone, is making people into its puppets.
Worse, the demon seems fixated on making Jess confess her part in ruining Kammy's reputation. Sticking to her Muslim faith, Jess enlists the help of an imam to exorcise the demon from Kammy. But can they get rid of the demon before it destroys her new family?

*I've got this book from NetGalley in exchange of an honest review*

For me it was a very disappointing read. I wasn't massive fan of a writing style, for me it felt a little bit clumsy and carelessly written. I think there should have been made a little more effort in researching how does exorcisms or blessings of a house are performed if you involve the christian church, because those scenes in this book made me cringe. Also there were other scenes in this book, that didn't make any sense. And talking about the characters - well, I didn't like any of them.
Also the ending of this book was too rushed and left a lot of unanswered questions.

Do I recommend it ? No