The Spirit Chaser by Kat Mayor

The Spirit Chaser - Kat Mayor, K.M. Montemayor

Some places are too evil. Some places should be left alone.
Austin Cole has it made. Star of the hit television show Spirit Chaser Investigations, he has become the world’s most famous paranormal investigator. Although hard work, a talented investigation team, and favorable genetics have something to do with it, it’s his lack of fear and willingness to take risks no one else will that make Spirit Chaser Investigations cable’s number-one show. When a ghost-hunt-gone-wrong seriously injures his best friend and lead psychic, Austin is forced to find a replacement for a team member he considers irreplaceable.
Casey Lawson can’t catch a break. She’s been on her own since she turned eighteen and is scraping by as a part-time psychic and cashier at a New Age store. When a desperate Austin Cole calls her up and offers her a position on his team, has her fortune finally changed?
He’s a control freak; she’s stubborn and opinionated. It takes time, but when they finally realize they’re working on the same side, everything clicks, both on and off screen.
Just when things are looking up, a new threat emerges. Over the years, Austin has angered plenty of demons, and one of them has set her sights on him. Now he’s the one in danger, and it’s up to the team to rescue him from the riskiest investigation of their lives.

I've got this book through the NettGalley in exchange of an honest review.

So.... Where do I begin ? I didn't like it. Actually, the first part of the book was a real torture. Second part of this book, more like the very last part, was a bit better, however the very ending, the last few pages, were totally ridiculous ( but I won't talk about that, because I don't want to spoil the book, for those who didn't read it yet).
"The Spirit Chaser" was like a badly made Zack Bagans and his Ghost Adventures crew fanfiction, mixed with a sprinkle of "Fifty Shades of Grey".
I thought, that this book will be heavy packed with ghost hunting and will be spooky. But it was more like a chick-lit book, or a reality TV show in a book form. I read it at night and never have I felt any type of unease or fear, just frustration and disappointment.
Austin (the main male character) was aggravating and a control freak, with a huge attitude. I hated him for almost all book, except in the second half I was a little bit sorry for him. He acted like a king of a world, and like he was immortal and invincible. He risked not only his life, but also the well being of his friends.
Casey ( the main female character) was stubborn, sometimes acted like a teenager, but over all was "ok", nothing interesting about her.

Do I recommend this book ? No.