January wrap up

I think January was a great reading month for me, because I managed to read 7 and a half books.

I started this month with a "Bout of books 15" readathon and reached my tbr goals, that I've set for that week. If you want to know my thoughts of certain book, just read previous posts.

Now on to the books that I've read after this week long event. Firstly I've finished a book, that I've started during readathon.

Title: Uncle Montagues's Tales of Terror

Author: Chris Priestley

Pages: 243

Edition: paperback

Published: 2011 by Bloomsbury UK

My rating: 2.5 stars out of 5

Here are some of my thoughts... It wasn't scary at all, during few stories I fell asleep. That's how boring they were. I didn't find it enjoyable or gripping, just plain and uninteresting. I was expecting so much more, but was very disappointed. It had so much potential to be great book, but...

Title: The Ghost files

Author: Apryl Baker

Pages: 275

Edition: kindle edition

Published: 2013 by Limitless Publishing

My rating: 4 stars out of 5

This book pleasantly surprised me. I didn't expect to like it so much. There were places in this book, that made chill run through my spine and sometimes made me regret my decision to read this at night.
The main character was a strong female, who fought for her self and defended her opinion. She was likable and believable. Definitely recommend.

Title: The Girl Who Ignored Ghosts

Author: K.C. Tansley

Pages: 256

Edition: paperback

Published: 2015 by Beckett Publishing Group

My rating: 4 stars out of 5

It was another pleasant surprise to me. I didn't expect to like this book as much as I did. I was gripped by this story from the beginning until the end. I enjoyed the atmosphere, that author created with that old castle and secrets from the past. Of course, there were some issues with it. Firstly, the ending was a little bit too rushed for my taste. Secondly, I preferred characters from the past more, than characters from the present. Actually, main character felt a little bit boring to me in comparison with a heroine from 19th century. But these few issues won't stop me from reading other books in this series.

That's it for now.